Nyheder:

Tip! Du kan linke til en anden bruger ved at skrive

[user]Brugernavn[/user]

Hovedmenu

A planned trip to Denmark! Help me!

Startet af Pinky-Paï, 23. April 2013, kl. 19:46

Pinky-Paï

Hi ,

I have a friend who offered me a weekend in Denmark.
But do not speak Danish, it's a little difficult to find answers to my questions.

We arrive via Germany, is that the border is monitored by customs?  Are there a lot of controls?

She thought visiting a farm mink, I would have liked to enjoy what was the legislation in Denmark on the American mink? It is considered a farm animal? or a pest?
The detention by a particular is allowed in Denmark, or not?

She asked me to possibly bring a Danish ferret if any time I found one I liked.
What veterinary care and provide papers do I need, to cross the border between Denmark and Germany?
Should there be the same paper for a mink?

Thank's!  :P

katjap

It is illegal to keep Mink as a pet In Denmark, so i find it unlikely that you would find a pet mink In Denmark.
There is no permanent border controle betwen Denmark and germany.

Pinky-Paï

OK! And to cross the border with ferrets, no veterinary care?

Anne

Sorry but thats wrong. You are allowed to keed American minks as pets in denmark but you are required to have swim opportunities for it.
You can buy it on a farm, but they wont be tame.
They do not live naturally in nature, so they are put down when found in the wild.

For the rules of getting a ferret or mink to germany you should contack the  german agriculture ministry, I have been taking ferrets trhough Germany and it is just getting some papers right and maybe search for permission. No there is not a LOT or border control, but make sure that you follow the rules when bringing animals over the border as they can be put down if they are not legal.

Allmost all danes speak English so it shouldnt be a problem getting the information you need.
you can contact the french embassy in germany to get them to help you wíth the rules :)

Barky

There are some to none control at the borders, but I can't answer that question the best, as I almost never visit the borders to Germany.
What are you thinking of bringing into Denmark since you ask?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "legislation" and mink... I can't seem to find the context in your question.

There are no wild european mink living in Denmark. All mink in danish nature are escaped american mink. Or mink who has been "released" into nature by animal rights groups. These people think they are doing a great thing, in reality they are not. 95% of released minks end up dying from hunger or accidents, as they are not equipped to manage wild life when they grew up in a cage.

About the possibility to visit a mink farm. Here is a list of minkfarmers whom you can contact to ask for a visit. http://www.danskeminkavlere.dk/besoeg-en-minkavler/
(it's on danish, so ad the adress into google translate to get a english version)

I kinda get the idea that you want to buy a danish mink (/and or ferret) and bring it back from your visit.
I don't know about the travel rules for minks, but I guess and surpose that it's the same for ferrets. In wich they need a 21 days old rabies vaccination, a pet passport and a ID chip. I can't remember if they also need a de-worming cure and a veterianry shet/check-up. But you, or your friend can look it up on the danish site: https://www.foedevarestyrelsen.dk/english/Pages/default.aspx

Bla bla bla.... Hilsen Julia

Anne

I think she is asking if they are legal :) legalization

Barky

Citat fra: Anne Dato 23. April 2013, kl. 21:05
I think she is asking if they are legal :) legalization

Aaah... Thanks Anne. ;)

Pinky-Paï

Actually I wanted to know if the mink was legal at home as a pet.
I'm silly, I was put in my head that I might have problems with the Danish customs, but it is actually with the German customs and the German law that I have to see!  :lol:

A thousand thank you for all your advice!

Anne

I dont know if a mink is legal in Germany, it is in Denmark as long as you keep them according to the conditions of the law.

Barky

Should the german law count? If she is not going to live there, but only travel through?

Anne

Theres some laws you have to follow w hen bringing an animal into a country even if its just passing through. Maybe you could get a permission to take an illegal animal through germany if its legal in france, I dont know. But why should mink be illegal?

Pinky-Paï

Minks are legals in Germany too! In Germany, lots of animals are legals haha!  :P